So . . . here was my crazy afternoon. I took the above cherubic looking children on some errands. I had to go to the post office to get stamps and mail a box. No problem, we do our "talk". "No running, no playing, stand by Mommy." . . "Ok?" "Ok! Mom!" As I take my place in line. They begin to tickle, make funny faces, and generally goof around. So, I say "Shh! Stop that - be quiet". So busy talking to them was I that the postmaster says "Next!" 3 times.
Ok, we 3 make it to the desk where I start filling out forms and picking stamps. By now the background noise is definitely distracting. Tickling, giggling, goofing around. I think "at least they are not fighting - I will just finish quickly". So, as I hurry I hear "Ma-am!" "Ma-am!" "MA-AAAAAM they are going to pinch their fingers" (This from the postmaster that wasn't helping me.) Yup my two kids were fighting on either side of the glass door, one trying to get in, one trying to go out. Of course still making faces at each other and squealing. The guy helping me says those timeless words "You have your hands full!".
So, I slinked out of there and went to the library. On the way I say, "you can't go in! " I will pay for Heather's lost library book and come right out." Phew, a quiet 5 steps in the library, hand the card to the lady and she says "Are you Heather?" . . um "No. I am her mom. I need to pay for a book that she lost. I got a bill in the mail." So the librarian says, " Well, I can't look at her record without her permission". So, like any sensible mom, I say " SHE IS 8! She can't pay for the book, I have done this before" . . . Seriously she said "We have to protect her privacy, she needs to come in and tell me it is ok for YOU to look at her record and for ME to tell YOU how much the book is" ARRRGH!! She obviously had no idea how our last errand went, but if she wanted those kids in there, so be it!
I went out, dragged them in, and showed them my daughter (who looks sullen because of the 3-blocks worth of tongue thrashing between the post office and library and who looks stunned, that she was back in "public" so soon). Finally, "How much do we owe?".
"We can't tell, the billing isn't complete. Please come back."
Please vote: Is it worth the price of the book to go back?
5 comments:
Leave them alone..... the book isnt worth it :P
From my friend Fooey:
"Aww, I'd say scrap the book. If they really wanted your money they wouldn't make you jump through so many hoops!"
You know, in some cultures, I think this would warrent an honor killing. Just sayin'. Hi this would be your slightly unhinged cousin.
Your boys learned those manuevers from your cousins. :P
Aunt E-Hi Katie!!!
Am I the only one who thinks this cute picture looks like a young Katie and Caleb picture?
Post a Comment