1. I watch the Super Bowl for the commercials - mostly - except for this year because Peyton Manning is in it :)
2. I like classical music and know all the words to Handel’s Messiah
3. I have been camping in the US Virgin Islands
4. I love travel.
5. I like houseplants, but can’t seem to keep them alive.
6. My childhood room had blue and aqua shag carpet.
7. I used to sew about half of my clothes.
8. I worked at a sports expo once - I sold tickets and framed prints of hunting dogs.
9. I am a home body.
10. I am part introvert.
11. I like reading, crossword puzzles and quiet activities.
12. I like friendly company - not necessarily talking.
13. I dislike "chatting" on the phone.
14. I like mystery books and tv shows with mysteries.
15. The laugh out loud at House.
16. I was home schooled for 8 years.
17. I earned an Associates Degree in Accounting and Business Management by correspondence.
18. Both of my children were born weeks early.
19. My first was a girl - Heather Rachael 5lb 5oz
20. My second was a boy - William Pierce 7lb 8oz
21. My best friend is my cousin Sara.
22. She was visiting when baby #1 was born.
23. My son was born at the exact time my husband was supposed to be deployed with the Army. (Well, I had the baby at 6:45am - he could have made first formation at 7am :)
24. My husband got to stay with us 2 days and then left me with an almost 4 year old and a new born.
25. He came back just before the baby turned 1yr old.
26. That was the hardest year of my life.
27. That was an amazing year of my life.
28. I am a Christian.
29. I am learning to have a relationship with God, not a list of expectations and it is wonderful.
30. I married a landscaper - now he is a police officer.
31. I am allergic to shellfish like my Aunt.
32. I love my current job.
33. I plan meetings for university divinity schools and theological seminaries.
34. I love Maine.
35. I camped in Maine as a child, the site was on the beach, there was an island that disappeared when the tide came in.
36. I used to stay at with my grandparents for a week in the winter and a week in the summer.
37. My grandparents had a cottage on a lake, in my mind we lived there all summer and it was divine.
38. I stayed there as a young adult and reveled in the quiet.
39. I have run the Charlottesville 10 miler twice.
40. I could never have done it without my friend Kim Gilmer.
41. I used to run with my kids in a baby jogger, now I run or walk on a treadmill and read books.
42. It is great fun for me to get a bargain.
43. I have worked for 2 different wedding photographers .
44. I like to build things out of wood, I got that passion from my dad and both of my grandfathers.
45. I learned to use a miter saw, a chain saw and a giant wood chipper this year.
46. I enjoy landscaping with my husband.
47. I drive a black Jeep Grand Cherokee with a brush guard.
48. I doubt we will ever own a mini van.
49. I learned to drive a standard after I was married.
50. A long time ago I drove my brother and his friend Caleb to see Lion King in the theater, because one didn’t have insurance and the other didn’t have a drivers licence.
51. I have known my husband Caleb since he was 9 and I was 13.
52. I remember what he was wearing when I met him.
53. It never occurred to me that I would marry him until I was over 20.
54. I had a Trapper Keeper for school.
55. I recently found a brand new Trapper Keeper for my daughter, in a consignment store.
56. Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbrow Brite, Care Bears, Smurfs and Hello Kitty were native to my childhood.
57. I used to play with Barbie dolls for hours.
58. When I was younger I would get so homesick at sleep overs that I would call my parents and they would come get me.
59. I play the piano.
60. I like to organize things.
61. If I don’t have a list or something on a calendar, I forget it.
62. I have watched 2 babies be born that weren’t my own.
63. Maps are fun, and of course they have to be folded back the way they started.
64. The scar on my face is from my brothers teeth.
65. The scar on his head is from a golf club I was swinging.
66. I am pretty handy with computers - hardware and software.
67. I have a beagle named Sadie.
68. I know someone who has worked in the White House.
69. I like historical war movies like Saving Private Ryan, Gettysburg, Band of Brothers, Black Hawk Down
70. I am patriotic and still put my hand over my heart at the national anthem.
71. My favorite word is cozy.
72. I enjoy balancing my checkbook - see #17
73. My home page is Fox News
74. I am philatelist.
75. One of my cars wrecked itself by rolling down a hill at the repair garage and smashing into a tree.
76. We have owned 4 trucks, 2 cars, and 2 Jeeps.
77. I once worked for a ski school booking private lessons and doing payroll.
78. I have worked at a golf pro shop - I still know nothing of golf, but I can fold a mean rugby shirt.
79. I am not afraid to drive in snow, but will stay home in the tiniest bit of ice.
80. I have decorated and sold birthday and wedding cakes.
81. I love to ice skate.
82. I teach Sunday School to 3 year olds.
83. My online radio station is 97three
84. My daughter Heather was born on the same day as her Uncle Ben - they are sometimes like twins growing up in different houses.
85. I like to cross stitch, crochet, knit, sew, and quilt.
86. If there were a fire in my house I could keep three things they would be my wedding quilt, my bible and our pictures.
87. This year I went white water rafting and I concur with Anne Shirley - I was deliciously scared!
88. I usually can’t quote movies, but Anne of Green Gables and The Princess Bride are exceptions.
89. I prefer silver or white gold jewelry to gold.
90. My grandparents used to buy me new Nike sneakers every year - the ones with the "swoosh" on the side.
91. One year I had Roos. They had a pocked with a mini zipper on the side.
92. I have two adopted aunts - Aunt Sue and Aunt Johnnie
93. MASH, Little House on the Prairie, the A-Team, McGuyver, and Dukes of Hazzard are shows I remember from when I was little.
94. I read every night before I sleep.
95. I really like to play games.
96. I like to sing and have sung in a couple of choirs for various holiday things.
97. I saw my first Shakespeare play this year - Much ado About Nothing - it was fabulous.
98. My nicknames range from Buzzard Bait to Pink Petunia
99. This took me a full week.
100. I can’t think of another thing - unless you want my shoe size . . . . didn’t think so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
One of my cars wrecked itself by rolling down a hill at the repair garage and smashing into a tree
PERFECT! i remember that! and the shag carpet, and the roos, and the island that disapeared :) heehehehee
Awesome Katie!!
Post a Comment