Saturday, March 24, 2007

Conspiracy #1: Boneless chicken is a ploy of vegetarians . . . .




So, this week I cooked a whole chicken. As I took it out of the oven all perfectly golden brown both of my kids noses turned up and they said "Is that a - a -a chicken?" "Is that what we are eating?" Ignoring the wrinkled faces I said cheerfully "Yeah! isn't it great!". Well, Heather was especially grossed out - to put it mildly. I then found out that I have been cooking boneless chicken or chicken pieces for too long. Which led to my conviction that those cutlets are a conspiracy . . of vegetarians. And they won the day! She seriously tried to tell me she didn't think she could eat any more chicken . . we are working on that . . . *sigh*




So that Will has his moment. Here is a bit of what his "teacher" at homeschool co-op preschool had to say yesterday. "Will just didn't seem happy this morning, he just sat in his chair and moped and didn't want to play with the kids. So, I sat with him and said 'Will honey, what is the matter today?' To which he said very quietly ' I hate my shirt' " . . . . . .




On other notes we have been sick . . yup pretty boring so I decided to cross-stitch instead of blogging the numbers of cough drops and boxes of tissues.




1 comment:

Sara said...

ROFL@! I totally agree ..... i made breaded chicken breasts for the kids and said..."Its mommy Chicken Nuggets"

those are NOT nuggets!! ahh well

along the same lines, check out my anti-beef princess .... the circle keeps going :D