Is that plural for Miscellaneous? . . I hope so because that is what this post is on so many levels and it reflects the theme this summer has turned into which is "Spontaneous, Relaxed, Odd Job Accomplishing".
We have spent time at the local national park lake - Sherando - with friends so the kids can play. We have stayed home and it has felt good to do some decorating, curtains, hoeing and throwing that needed to be done. Basically we AREN'T following our strict school year schedule so that we have a break and refresh. Today at noon for example (if you don't know, Caleb works 3:30pm to 12:30am and so noon might be dinner time and afterwards is sometimes playtime, in addition Saturday might be a work day because of his schedule - but we make up for it on Wednesday when he IS off) we were hanging out playing Tigerwoods Golf on the GameCube and might I say that the girls (who have the least experience) were holding their own against the guys who actually had the REAL Tiger on their team :)
So here are some pictures of what Heather has been doing. Last week she went in the mornings to soccer camp and had a great time. Of course on the last day was the World Cup where each of the teams competed and racked up bonus points. So to get some biggo points for the team we made a flag for team Zimbabwe! The "Saturday/Thursday" afternoon project for Heather and Daddy:
When Heather is in camp Will and I have been spending time together. We went to storytime at the library and he got to visit Nanny all by himself one day for some great playtime too.
Zeke the new doggie is doing well, he is so curious and follows us everywhere to check all things out. He likes fruit and vegetables, weird! He has eaten 2 tomatoes, a nectarine and a banana off of the counter . . .
Caleb decided it was time to have real furniture in our bedroom (since we are in our 10th year of marriage), so he suprised me by ordering new oak bureaus and night stand (our first official furniture from a store). It is soooooo nice, I wouldn't have picked anything different (and might have tried to talk him out of it) so it is a great treat!! :) It was supposed to be done during the following trip as a welcome home but was backordered a little longer . . .
Mom and I went with our church ladies (58 of us) on a bus to the Women of Faith conference in Washington. D.C. The conference and the time with friends were equally special. And my favorite speaker was the one guy in the place - Max Lucado.

So now, I have rolled together what might have been many small posts into one giant update on the month of July for us. If you are still reading we must be related and you are wondering why I don't call or write . . .hee hee . . thinking of y'all and love you tons
4 comments:
Sounds like a fun summer :) I keep planning to go to Women of Faith and then Eric is always away at that time. Someday :)
Are you doing year round school schedule?
Enjoy the new furniture!!! Oh, I LOVE new furniture :)
Hi to all!!!
Hi jules!!
No, I don't teach school year round. I think we work best with a break. During the year I teach 4 days and we go to all day coop on one.
How about you?
Hi again :)
We are doing Math and Reading through the summer with some breaks here and there. I disliked the math he had and we started K level over again... with Horizons...MUCH better!! We start 1st in the Fall for J and Pre-K for K and L. We will do school 4 days at home and then coop on Thursdays as well. :) LOL I am looking forward to Fall and getting back into "school" schedule :) I will write you sometime...after we are settled in the new place!
WoW are you two sisters..LOL
Love,
Dad
Post a Comment